About Davao Medical School Foundation
The Davao Medical School Foundation was established in July 1976 in to serve the rural communities and to fill the lack of specialist in urban centers of Mindanao. DMSF College of Medicine was thus the first such college to be set up in Mindanao and is dedicated to providing medical education and training of the highest order, leading to the provision of effective medical care in both rural and urban communities.
The school is located on a 2.5 hectare site close to the center of Davao City, which boasts of a stable climate, both in terms of its weather and its politics. There are five universities within the boundaries of the City as well as several schools and colleges. Students are affiliated to the Davao Medical Center, the Davao Doctors Hospitals , San Pedro Hospital and Brokenshire Memorial Hospital for their clinical rotations in the third and fourth years of their courses.
There are some 125 Faculty members drawn from a wide range of medical specialties and the total student population of all four years of students is usually around 10,058. Also Davao Medical School Foundation is one among the MCI approved medical colleges in Philippines.
The Davao Medical School Foundation follows American education pattern and it offers MD degree. The major difference between MBBS and MD degree is the education pattern they follow. Countries following British pattern awards MBBS and those follow American pattern awards MD degree.
The total duration for completing the course is 5 years which includes 1 year pre-medical course (B.S degree) in India and 4 years MD degree in Philippines.
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the Indian student before applying for studying MBBS in Davao Medical School Foundation. Application of student who does not met with these criteria will be rejected.
- Student must be a citizen of India.
- Student should pass NEET exams before applying for MBBS in Philippines.
- Students should pass in all subjects of HSC conducted by any board recognized by India in the same attempt.
- For Other Communities, Backward Class and Most Backward Class (OC/BC/BCM/MBC)
- Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Pass in English
- For Schedule /Reserved Category (SC/ST/SCA)
- Minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Pass in English
- Students should be above 17 years of age as of December 31st
- Students who took science group in their 12th grade are eligible to apply for the course.
- Copy of applicant’s transcript of records and diploma
- Special Order (original copy)
- Certificate of Honorable Dismissal (original copy)
- Certificate of good moral character from two college professors
- Birth Certificate
- 2” x 2” ID picture (colored with white background) – 2
- 1” x 1” ID picture (colored with white background) – 2
- National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) result (original)
- Medical Report issued by the School Physician, which also include
- Laboratory examination
- CBC, blood typing, urinalysis
- Chest x-ray, PA view
- Neuro-psychiatric examination
Learn about some of the Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Philippines
Fee Structure 2019-20
“Studying at Davao Medical School has added another level to my college experience here in the Philippines. The best and most up to date infrastructure and amenities, I have truly evolved into a different individual equipped with medical knowledge and skills who can face the world of medicine confidently.”
“Living and studying at Davao Medical School has been one of the highlights of my life. Transworld has truly made the dreams of many students to study abroad, come true. I couldn’t have found any better university or destination to pursue my career in Medicine other than DMSF in Philippines.”
“I ranked 2nd in FMGE screening test June-2018, this became possible because of the Quality Education, provided by the best faculties. DMSF gave me the better foundation to become a doctor with good hands-on practice during my clerkship, Thanks to DMSF.”
“The clinical exposure , the academics everything was very apt was very
brilliant for me to inculcate them in my personal zone, When I came back
after my graduation, when I stood among the graduates who done their
study in India , I was as good as them and in some parts i was even better
than them ….”
Find why Indian students should study MBBS in Philippines
Benefits of studying in DMSF
- DMSF is one of the top medical college in Philippines and ranked 6th for its performance by the Philippines Healthcare department.
- The Davao Medical School do not charge any initial donation fees from its students. The students are asked only to pay their tuition fee and book fee every year.
- More than 50% of the students studying in DMSF are from India. Among the total student population Indian students are equal in number with that of Filipinos
- The medical college has world class infrastructure and technically advanced labs with equipment that are designed for the future.
- The college also has more than 4000 clinical bed for medical practices for its students.
- It is easier for students to apply for PG courses in countries like USA, Germany as the college is following American Education pattern
How to get Admission
To get admission in Davao Medical School Foundation Indian students can contact Maven Overseas. Students can get online counselling through our expert agents regarding the benefits of studying in DMSF, the facilities, testimonials. For more details contact our admission office @
+91 9751111650/+91 9751111670